A LOOE-based training provider is offering exciting opportunities to young people in South East Cornwall.
The chance to take part in a two-week work placement in Spain, flexible work experience opportunities and support to get Maths, English and other skills up to speed are all part of the programme on offer for 16-24 year olds.
Whitehead-Ross Education is one of the organisations involved in delivering a national Traineeships programme aimed at getting young people into work.
On Tuesday (September 14) the team will be delivering a ‘Traineeship Takeover’ event which will include a mixture of online activity and the chance to drop into the centre in Looe to meet staff and find out more.
Jo Thomson, Engagement Manager for Whitehead-Ross said: “Traineeships are free to access and flexible to suit individuals. They are particularly suited to young people who are not ready to commit to a KickStart, Apprenticeship or employed position.
“By giving a lot of additional support and guidance, we are seeing great success from our young people and enjoying seeing them progress and flourish. We are excited about our Traineeship Takeover event and look forward to helping many more young people.”
The 18-week Traineeship programme includes:
• 70-hour flexible, voluntary work placement to gain experience.
• Functional Skills Maths & English if they did not achieve GCSE English and Maths.
• Level 1 Award in Employability Skills.
• Dedicated tutor and staff for support and guidance.
• Opportunity to participate in a two-week work placement in Malaga, Spain, with flights and accommodation funded through Erasmus+/Turing Scheme.
For further information about Traineeships, other opportunities with us for young people in Cornwall, or the Traineeship event details, please call Laura or Mary on 01503770752, text 07918787231 or e-mail [email protected] or drop into our Looe office at Lisandra House, Fore Street Looe.